Company name: IRIT
Created in 1990, the Toulouse IT Research Institute (IRIT, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse), stands as a major public research institute dedicated to information technologies.
The Toulouse IT Research Institute (IRIT, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse), is one of the Research Common Units (Unité Mixte de Recherche), common research centers shared between several French institutions (academies, specialized shools, research institutions).
The IRIT is the UMR 5505, shared between the CNRS (Nationals Centre for Scientific Research), the INPT (Toulouse National Polytechnic Institute), Paul Sabatier University (UPS), Social Sciences University of Toulouse (UT1), and University of Mirail (UTM).
Created in 1990, IRIT stands as one of the most important research centre dedicated to IT, with more than 230 scientists.
Its work is organized in seven fields and nineteen teams:
- Information analysis and synthesis;
- Information indexation and research;
- Interaction, autonomy, dialog and cooperation;
- Reasoning and decision-making;
- Modelling, algorithms and high-performance;
- Systems and networks architectures;
- Software development quality management.